Saturday 23 December 2017

I am Named. Isaiah 43:1 by Susan L.

  "But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob, And He who formed you O Israel: 'Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine.'" NKJV
  "But now, O Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you. O Israel, the one who formed you says, 'Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine." JCB

  The massive upsurge in genealogy research, in DNA testing, in discovering roots reveals something about human nature. We need to know our place in the grand scheme of time. We need to know how our lives fit in. We need to know how we are connected to the rest of the people on the planet.
  It's a social comment about the human need to belong.
  The devil will make sure we sell our souls to be included, to feel that we are part of something. We will deny our selves. We will lie to ourselves. We will cry to ourselves in the wee hours of the morning because of the emptiness in life.
  We try and fill the void with things of this world.

  I had DNA testing done. As an adopted child, I was curious about my roots. The company still sends me emails when a new relative is found. A someone who is linked through the foundation of our being: our DNA. It's been a while since I've checked the site, but it has given me a list of around 2000 cousins. Just knowing they are there is enough to satisfy the reasons I had the testing done in the first place...
  Belonging longing.

  And God says, "You are Mine."
  That's not just our heart or mind or physical presence. That's not just our thoughts or actions or choices. That's not just our faith or our unique abilities. It's not any one single thing that belongs to Him. It's everything. It's the whole package. Right down to the DNA finger print He placed in our cells when He created our being at the dawn of time.

  Christmas can be one of the loneliest seasons of the year when the belonging longing is felt most strongly. As families gather, isolation can be keenly felt. Even by those surrounded by others.
  I invite my readers to think about the birth of Jesus, the Great Outsider, who rocked the world with His message of love and connection. I invite my readers to explore the idea that He was born so that every single person in the planet could come home to His Father.
  And maybe, just maybe, you can take a chance on being part of His family by inviting His Son into your life. And maybe, just maybe, you will realize that you have never been alone.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...