Tuesday 12 December 2017

I Am Marked. Ephesians 1:13 by Susan L.

  "In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise." NKJV
  "And now you Gentiles have also heard the truth, the Good News that God saves you. And when you believed in Christ, he identified you as his own by giving you the Holy Spirit, whom he promised long ago." JCB

  My cat is still missing. Several friends have suggested putting something with Pumpkin's scent outside for him to find his way home. I did but the fact that there's a fresh layer of snow on top of it hampers the ability for scent to travel. It's been cold, too. He's a cat who curls up under a mound of blankets when the house temperature is 18 Celsius.
  I guess I am mad at myself more than anything because I have no idea how or when he slipped past my guard.
  It's sad all the same.
  It's worthwhile giving him a couple more days before I start packing up the pet paraphernalia. That's going to be hard. It's hard looking at it though because I feel somewhat guilty about it all.
  I know it's just a cat and in some countries cats are almost considered vermin but animals have a way of working their way into your heart. He was my own and looked to me for food, shelter and affection. He loved being groomed and would gratify me with a purr of contentment.
  If I can be devastated by the loss of a pet, how much more does the Lord feel when one of His own lambs goes astray or missing?
  If I can care for an animal, how much more care does the Lord have for us?
  And that's all the writing I feel like doing today although I am comforted by the knowledge that the Lord is with me in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...