Saturday 4 November 2017

Romans 8:35 by Susan L.

  I am inseparable from His love.
  "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation , or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?" NKJV
  "Can anything ever separate us from Christ's love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or threatened with death?" JCB

  No matter where we walk, no matter what happens to us, Christ was there first. All our trials and troubles, He experienced in His short time on earth. The only difference is He remained sinless.
  Humans? Not so much.
  I have to smile at my own responses to trials because they are, more often than not, un-Christ-like.
  Frustration isn't patience. Getting angry isn't grace. Resentment isn't forgiveness. Swearing at a telemarketer? Waaaay off base.
  Yet, despite my failings, my weaknesses, the Lord is quietly encouraging me. Next time I can do better. If I don't, that's okay because there is always a next time. And a next time after that.
  The best part is I want to be a better person than I am right now.
  It takes practice, that's all. It takes a willingness to be vulnerable before God.
  It took me a long time to realize that I can take my troubles to Him. I can talk to Him about why I am frustrated or angry or full of resentment. In letting go, I let love in.

  I don't pray enough.
  That idea came through loud and clear.

  Prayer is the golden thread of connection with a Love that surpasses all things, overcomes all things, and heals all things.
  It isn't Christ who turns away. It's me. Trying to hold it together all on my own. It's me. Trying to find answers to unanswerable questions. It's me. Believing I need to fix whatever is broken. It's me. Not asking for help because of what? Shame? Fear? It's me. Hiding the truth of what's really going on inside and putting up a wall, the illusion I've got it all together, rather than being vulnerable.
 
  Whew! Those were tough words and have given me much to think about.
  What is held up to the light...the light of the love Jesus has for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...