Friday 10 November 2017

I am a King's Kid. Psalm 44:4 by Susan L.

  "You are my King, O God." NKJV
  "You are my King and my God." JCB

  Being called a "kid" doesn't really fly in face of my age. ;)
  Yet, I owned goats. Baby goats, kids, can't walk. Oh, they might take a few solemn steps here and there but their sheer delight in being alive makes them skip and bounce along beside their mothers. A sudden, explosive leap punctuated the happy dances. It was a treat to watch them and always made me smile.
  They lived in utter abandon and joy. Totally caught up in the moment.
  It's something that's hard for me to do, to be in the moment. Even as I write, I look at my clock, think about what I need to do to get ready for work. I eyeball the covering of snow on the ground, assessing the impact...
  But I have to share what happened earlier.
  My snow tires are still in the shed so I lifted a prayer to the Lord to get me safely to work. Barely had the words crossed my lips when the inspiration to use the car's four wheel drive option popped into my head. It will give me better traction.
  Then the plow went by, clearing the road.
  I did my own happy dance in the kitchen.

  Our King isn't a distant ruler. He isn't on His throne looking contemptuously down on the masses. He doesn't regard anything for our well being as beneath His concern.
  I know sometimes it feels like He might be, when prayers aren't answered right away. Sometimes they are. Sometimes they aren't. Sometimes we don't even know they've been answered because our God is a generous King who will often give us what we need, not what we want.
  I hadn't asked for the snow plow to pass.
  It's my own foolishness that has me so late to get the snow tires on. But, I love this part, God has used my procrastination to remind me He is with me in all things. I am His child after all.
  I think it's time for another happy dance!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...