Wednesday 1 November 2017

Beautiful by Susan L.

  I am inscribed on His palms. Isaiah 49:16
  God says, "See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands." NKJV
  "See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands." JCB

  I learned, not that long ago, to keep an eye open for signposts pointing to Jesus that are placed throughout the Old Testament. It has opened my eyes to a whole different understanding of the events and stories held within the ancient texts.
  While Isaiah shares God's words of hope for the children of Jerusalem, this is an affirmation pertinent to every single person who lived or lives or will live!
  I can't help but think of the hands which were pierced and nailed to the Cross. The ultimate act of sacrifice and victory because Jesus, the Innocent, took the sins of the world with Him.
  My name was written on those hands. So was yours. So was everyone's.
  Jesus took my sin with Him.

  (A long pause.)
 
  Many times have I written a phone number or address on my hand. It had to be something important that couldn't get lost like it might have had I written it on a piece of paper and tossed it carelessly into my purse. Or worse, filed it away in safe place never to be seen again!
  If I can place such importance on a phone number, the significance of having my name inscribed on the hand of God is mind blowing!
  It's an act of care. It's an act of honour. It's an act of love.
  It's forever.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...