Wednesday 22 November 2017

2 Corinthians 2:14 by Susan L.

  I am led in Christ's triumph.
  "Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place." NKJV
  "But thank God! He has made us his captives and continues to lead us along in Christ's triumphal procession. Now he uses us to spread the knowledge of Christ everywhere, like a sweet perfume." JCB

  The intangible is a large part of life. It tends to slip to the sidelines in discussions about faith yet faith itself is an intangible. It's there, we feel it, yet it cannot be picked up and touched.
  Burning incense is the same. Once lit, the smoke rises and curls only to vanish. The aroma released remains long after the stick has burnt away. Even though we can't touch it or feel the sweet fragrance, it's there. It's an intangible.
  I love the poetic quality in the NKJV translation. "The fragrance of His knowledge." If we are the incense, Christ is our fragrance. Our knowledge of Him flows from us even if we don't know it's happening.

  Knowledge is knowing. (Bear with me as I think this through.)
  There's knowing then there's Knowing
  So, what do I Know?
  I know Christ is with me in all things, at all times.
  How? Because I feel His presence.
  I know He leads me to victory every time I challenge my beliefs, my misconceptions of truth, and seek to grow through an intimate knowledge of Him.
  How? It is the story that began long before I accepted Him as Lord.
  I know He will do the same for anyone.
  How? Because He saved me. Because His love is big enough for the entire world.
  It's why He was born and why He died.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...