Friday 27 October 2017

I am Included, Ephesisans 1:13 by Susan L.

  "In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvations; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise." NKJV
  "And now you Gentiles have also heard the truth, the Good News that God saves you. And when you believed in Christ, he identified you as his own by giving you the Holy Spirit, whom he promised long ago." JCB

 Out of curiosity, I counted the number of affirmations on the list that are referenced in the book of Ephesians. There are thirty-four out of three hundred. Ten percent. It's made me realize there is much more to this small Book than I'd thought.
  Out of necessity, I've only focused on the Armor of God (Eph. 6:10-18) in any great depth. My walk as a Christian began on the battlefield. The armor was one of the first faith based paintings the Lord inspired me to do.
  I think it's time to really dig into the rest of it because, if my assumptions are correct, the armor is built of love, not metal. The armor isn't made to keep me apart, it's meant to illustrate confidence in Christ and His teachings.
  I can fight the powers that would oppress my soul. That much I know. There have been many victories with Christ guiding my sword: my prayers of repentance and forgiveness.

  There was a long, long pause.

  Lord, You know I am struggling with an upsurge of anxiety. It's bad this time around. It makes it hard to think, to pray, to leave the house. Be with me, in Jesus' name I pray. AMEN!

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...