Tuesday 5 September 2017

Lost and Found Luke 19:10 by Susan L.

  "For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost." NKJV
  "For the Son of Man came to seek and to save those who are lost." JCB

  I think I like the older translation better for the simple reason that even though this passage was written a long time ago, Jesus has come and still comes to save us. "Came" implies it was only an historical event, not an ongoing one.
  He has come to save "that which was lost." It's more than our souls. He has come to save our minds, our hearts and our bodies as well. His love and great grace will redeem every single aspect of our existence.
  Maybe that's why I am so angry at myself because of what happened with the landlord. In the blink of an eye, all the work the Lord has done to help me believe in my worth flew out the window. All the work the Lord has done to reinforce the idea that I have a voice vanished. All the healing vanished the moment I was faced with the merest hint of conflict with a man. The old behaviours swept in: the submissiveness, the people pleasing, the fear of rejection, of not being "liked", the inability to ask for help...it's a long list.
  So I am feeling somewhat disheartened. The old road map is more firmly entrenched than I thought. Maybe I need to find some compassion here and patience. It took forty odd years to make this map. It's bound to have hidden pathways still wired into my subconscious.
  Lord? I need Your grace to fill me. I need Your guidance to get back on the right path. I need Your insight to uncover the keys that unlock the old map so they can be tossed away. Most of all, I need to be able to recognize when it starts to lead me astray from Your ways the moment it starts doing so.
  I can let go of being angry at myself now. In a burst of imagination, I am tearing up the old map, scrunching it into a ball and tossing it into the trash where it belongs.
  The pristine, Jesus map is being lovingly unfolded and laid on my heart and soul. It doesn't have a North, South, East or West because all ways lead to Him.
  Hmmm. It would appear the old map does too!
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...