Saturday 23 September 2017

Look Ahead Next Time :) by Susan L.

I am granted grace in Christ Jesus. Romans 5:17,20

"For if by the one man's offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ...Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more." NKJV
"For the sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God's wonderful grace and his gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one man, Jesus Christ...God's law was given so that all people could see how sinful they were. But as people sinned more and more, God's wonderful grace became more abundant." JCB

  Mindfulness. Living in the moment. Being present. They are all catch phrases rampant in self-help books and pseudo-psychology articles. With the stress of daily living increasing, getting people to actively practice awareness of the "now" has become the key to healthy daily living.
  It's not a new concept.
  It's one Jesus taught frequently.
  It's one thing I'm good at. Too good sometimes. In tackling these affirmations, my focus is only on exploring the one assigned for the day. Maybe if I was a person who flipped to the end of a book to see how it finished, I might have found some comfort yesterday by reading today's affirmation. I might have found a bit more grace for my lack of grace! (Big smile.)
  Today's words are a great comfort. They are a reminder that I can't fix what's broken on my own. I don't have to.
  Jesus is, after all, the carpenter of my soul.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...