Saturday 30 September 2017

I am Guided, Psalm 48:14 by Susan L.

  "For this is God, Our God forever and ever; He will be our guide even to death." NKJV
  "For this is what God is like. He is our God forever and ever, and he will guide us until we die." JCB

  I just wish He was there to advise me when I picked the colour for my bedroom walls! It's waaaay too dark! It's downright oppressive and ended up looking like MacIntosh toffee had been smeared all over the walls instead of the creamy, buttery, béchamel I was looking for. It's not an insurmountable problem. I'll simply get a quart of white paint to mix with what's left of the coloured and hope it will be enough to re-do everything.
  Okay. Mistakes keep me humble.
  I am thankful I enjoy painting. The cat kept me amused, too. He lay on the bed in the middle of the room and was absolutely fascinated by the paint roller as it traversed the vertical surfaces. I am thankful there were no painted paw prints on the floor when I was done.
  My closet doesn't have any doors. It didn't have them when I moved in. A 1950's closet is an odd size so modern standard doors won't work. Custom doors are very expensive so it looks like it's going to be a DIY build. In chatting with the man at the hardware store about options, he kept looking at me rather strangely.
  He didn't know I built my own shed and deck. He didn't know I have a fully outfitted workshop in my basement with all the tools needed to make a set of sliding doors. It's amazing how often preconceived notions about people are wrong...
  First things first. Look out walls, here I come!
  Lord, thank You for being my guide. Thank You that even when I stray, Your gentle presence quickly gets me back on track.
  Thank You for Your provision and all the richness You have brought into my life. Thank You for the people in my life and the natural beauty that surrounds my home. Thank You for helping me see the lighter side of things.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...