Sunday 17 September 2017

#114 on the List by Susan L.

  I am glorified with Him. 2 Thessalonians 2:14

  "To which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ." NKJV
  "He called you to salvation when we told you the Good News; now you can share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ." JCB

  I've written about glory because up until know, it's simply been part of my Christian language: rote quotes. Being faced with a scripture that is about us obtaining the glory of Jesus, I realized I didn't fully understand what glory is. Thank you, Google and Bible.org.
  Jesus was given the glory and honour of His Father following His baptism by John. "This is My beloved Son with whom I am well pleased." (2 Peter 1:17) Then later, while they were on the holy mountain, Peter heard the same voice when they were with Jesus.
  "And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts." (2 Peter 1:19)

  This is big. The glory of Jesus is the love and delight of His Father.
  I am glorified with Him.
  That means I live under the love and delight of my Father in heaven just as Jesus does.
 
  Wow. This has put my life under a wholly different perspective. There is much to think about, much to pray about as this understanding wraps itself around my heart.
  Thank You, Lord for the gift of Your glory.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...