Wednesday 23 August 2017

I am a First Fruit, Romans 8:23 by Susan L.

  "Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body." NKJV
  "And we believers also groan, even though we have the holy Spirit within us as a foretaste of future glory, for we long for our bodies to be released from sin and suffering. We, too, wait with eager hope for the day when God will give us our full rights as his adopted children." JCB
  It's good to be home for a few days especially when I can confess to being aware of the Holy Spirit working in my life. It's nothing big. Nothing earth shaking. It is, for me, of great importance in achieving peace of mind when all around is rather chaotic for the moment.
  My good-ole-working-extra-hard-this-year sump pump started sucking air. The water level got too low in the pit before it shut off. Imagine a giant straw slurping up the last of a giant strawberry milkshake. Nothing burns out a pump faster than sucking air.
  I tried duct tape to make sure the pump was held level. I made sure that the float was floating freely. I tried wiggling it, raising it, saying more than a prayer over it. Nada. It still slurped air.
  I couldn't figure it out.
  God did.
  He led me to ask Google.
  I guess I am not the first person with this problem. There was reams of information on how to stop a pump from slurping. It ended up being an easy fix because all I needed to do was raise a plastic stopper on the rod that holds the float so it shuts off sooner. The stopper must have wiggled its way down the rod with all the use this year.
  It's a relief and one less thing to worry about when I am not here.
  It's also a relief to be reminded in the chaos of getting my Uncle's needs met that the Lord is clearly involved in everything that needs taking care of even if it's not directly related to his situation.
  It's a relief to be reminded that I already have the divine inheritance given to all believers in the form of His Holy Spirit. That's right now, today, because I am His adopted child.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...