Friday 21 July 2017

Philemon 6 by Susan L.

  "That the sharing of your faith may become effective by the acknowledgment of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus." NKJ
  "And I am praying that you will put into action the generosity that comes from your faith as you understand and experience all the good things we have in Christ." JCB

  A few weeks ago, I took some time off work. Instead of doing the beach or travelling around, three days were spent in the basement building a new workshop. When that was finished, the small bench my daughter had asked me to build as a wedding gift was completed.
  My absences from the blog are a result of having to help a ninety-two year old uncle. His health is failing fast. It's cancer. Most of the time, I've been staying with him, making phone calls to set up some sort of home help until we can place him a long term care facility. The home help is important because of the trip to PEI for the wedding. He has no other family. If it wasn't a wedding, I'd have cancelled the trip.
  I am taking him to the hospital Monday for a batch of tests. Once those are done, we'll know exactly where we stand.
  I want to give thanks. Big time. Thanks that the Lord urged me to take care of my own business of organizing the basement so it wasn't hanging over my head any more. I give thanks that the wedding gift was built and wrapped, ready to go before my uncle called, asking me to come.
  I give thanks that I had been reenergized by the time off. and for the ability, physically and mentally, to be there for him. I give thanks that even though these days are busy with lots of running back and forth an hour and a half away, He is keeping me safe in my travels. I give thanks for the 407 highway, a toll road, with far less traffic, and prettier scenery than the "free" roads making most of the drive to Hamilton most enjoyable and relaxing. I give thanks that the Lord is providing the means to pay for this luxury.
  I am so thankful He is with me as I struggle to be patient and full of grace. (God bless nurses and personal support workers and doctors.) Thank You, Lord, for helping me find the words to get my uncle sharing how he's feeling and for the childhood stories my uncle has been sharing with me. I give thanks for my job as a peer support worker which has given me many of these tools.
  I give thanks that I've enjoyed preparing meals for him. Thank the Lord I to know how to make a batch of homemade biscuits and a hearty chicken stew to temp someone whose appetite is gone.
  It's good to be home for a couple of days. Not much can happen until Monday and my folks are going to spend some time tomorrow with him.
  Lord? Thank You for revealing Yourself to me in the busy-ness, in the running back and forth, in the patience found.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...