Friday 9 June 2017

I am Confident 1 John 4:17 by Susan L.

  "Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgement; because as He (Jesus) is, so are we in this world." 1 John 4:17 NKJ
  "And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the day of judgement, but we can face Him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world." JCB
  There's no such thing as coincidences. Our small group studied these passages. They were blogged about yesterday and, lo and behold, here is 1 John 4 containing today's affirmation.
  The Lord has blessed me with a gift: freedom from my generalized anxiety about everything and anything. I keep writing it, saying it, because the over the last few months, the wonder and joy in such a profound peace keeps surprising me! It pops up like a laughing Jack-in-the-box. It is unlike anything I've ever experienced. The be-on-guard-cause-something-bad-is-going-to-happen watchfulness is gone. Poof!
  My meds are still part of my daily regimen because they are important to my wellness. It's no different than if someone uses insulin to control diabetes. This healing has eradicated the issues the meds, on their own, could not help with. I need to walk in this brand new me for at least a year before considering making a change.
  Even so, there's a feeling of permanence in this healing. It's not a blip, or a reprieve from the struggle to just get by. It's a forever done deal. My human cautiousness, is well, being human. :)

  Lord, I can't thank You enough. For everything. Even the dark days on the Black River.
  Even though I am wrestling and even stumbling over the big ideas of what being a follower of Jesus means; even though there is plenty of room for improvement, hope and a solid assurance that my quests, my Triple T's will be answered, feeds this newfound confidence. There's so much ahead to explore and embrace and celebrate!
  Oh, Lord, there's a gazillion questions! It's okay to have questions! Even doubt is okay. Guide me into truth. In Jesus' name. Amen!
  And once again I am surprised how wonderful it is to imagine a future. Lifelong depression in its various forms stole that ability from me. It's even more wonderful knowing that the future God has planned for me far outweighs anything I could imagine.
  Why?
  "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involved torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. We love Him (Jesus) because He first loved us." 1 Jn 4:18-19
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...