Tuesday 6 June 2017

I am Comforted Jeremiah 31:13 by Susan L.

  I've been doing some thinking, some Triple T's, about how perfect love casts out fear.
  We had our church's AGM two Sunday's ago. There were two men sitting directly behind me. Both of them are tall and well built. Having them there had my senses on high alert, my body ready to spring out of danger. It's silly. I know both of them quite well. They are kind and caring. So why did I feel threatened by their presence behind me, out of sight? Even the hair stood up on the back of my neck it was that intense.
  I admit I was extremely tired and feeling rather vulnerable because of it but these unwarranted, unwanted reactions have bothered me ever since.
  Lord, how do I feel safe? How can I ever feel safe when my body hijacks my emotions especially around men? Even my step-dad is regarded with extreme caution. It must impact my relationships with my sons as well.
  How can I grow to love all men (and women, too) with Your perfect love?

  So I don't know if this thought is coming from God but I have to wonder if trusting men, people, is the same as loving them.
  I guess that's the fear part kicking in. Fear of reprisals and condemnation due to my own imperfections.
  Imperfection is a punishable offence. Now there's a core belief that has it all wrong! Thank You, Lord, for uncovering it.
  Boy oh boy do I struggle with criticism. Why is someone critical? Is it because of their own insecurity? Forgive me, Lord for being critical of others. I choose to forgive those who have criticized me. The list is long on both parts.
  I really need the perfect love of Christ to help me here. Not only through embracing His love for others but for myself as well so the voice of the critic will be silenced and unheard.
  This boils down to the fact I am tired of being afraid. It's not just men. It's prevalent in most aspects of my life. Another long list takes shape.
  Thank You, Lord, for grace but most of all this terribly insecure woman needs to feel the security of Your presence in my life. It's been an emotional roller coaster this morning.
  "The young women will dance for joy, and the men--old and young--will join in the celebration. I will turn their mourning into joy. I will comfort them and exchange their sorrow for rejoicing. The priests will enjoy abundance, and my people will feast on my good gifts. I, the Lord, have spoken." Jer 31:13-14
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...