Saturday 3 June 2017

Affirmation #55 by Susan L.

  "I am clothed with Christ." Galatians 3:27

  I find I am being challenged to get all this head knowledge into my heart which I know I can't do. At least, on my own. I admit that once a post is written, the ideas explored tend to wither into the forgotten corners of my mind.
  There has to be a better way to make these affirmations real.
  So what's stopping this from happening?
  Am I finding myself burdened because I should be able to live according to these affirmations? There have been many nudges in the areas where that's not happening. Usually guilt follows especially when I find myself not being very Christ-like. So who, exactly, is doing the nudging?
  Perhaps I am being too legalistic about the whole process.
  Here's the list. Memorize it. Get it. Live it.
  And the greatest legalist of them all chuckles and rubs his hands together in glee. Hint: it isn't God.

  These affirmations are meant to be a daily blessing, not a rule book. I think that's been forgotten over the last couple of months. I've begun to treat these wonderful, life giving words as a daily obligation, a chore, a task. Somewhere along the line, the joy in writing about them up and went.
  I didn't write yesterday because of an internet glitch. My phone, which I use as my internet connection, wouldn't hold a charge therefore it wouldn't turn on. Last night I discovered it was because I'd plugged in the wrong USB cord. I am sure it was divine intervention although it was frustrating at the time because things weren't going according to my routine.
  It has given me a couple day's separation to gain some perspective about what's going on behind the scenes. It makes me glad, in hindsight, that yesterday was an unexpected holiday.
  So where do I go from here?

  Remember, Sue, you started this project to help you understand the meaning of these affirmations.
  How about some grace? It's a lot to learn.
  How about some more grace? Change doesn't happen all at once. It takes time.
  How about even more grace? You are clothed with Christ. He is sufficient for all things and in all things. In Him, in His time, these blessings will become living things, pertinent today just as they were two thousand years ago.
  Be patient, girl, even though you don't necessarily consciously remember everything, each affirmation seed has been planted in your heart and soul. It takes time to grow and bear fruit.

  Lord, forgive me for being so hard on myself.
  "Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law. But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe." Gal 3:12-22
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...