Saturday 29 April 2017

I am Bold, Proverbs 28:1 by Susan L.

  Bold faced type proudly proclaims the product, the news, the gist of a story. It's the hook.
  Bold colours like in an autumn landscape create joyful oooo's and aaaah's.
  Bold men and women venture deep into the ocean to explore places unknown.
  Bold is different. It stands above the constant hum of daily life.
  Wait a minute...I thought Christians were supposed to be humble. Or are boldness and humility actually partners?
  What?!
  How is that even possible?

  In Christ it is. It's a paradox.
  Being a bold Christian means I have chosen to march to the beat of a different Drummer. I think that says it all because being a Christian is being different. Praise God!
  I don't know if I shared that I have been anxiety free for a while now. I am even downright happy!  
  In mulling over the amazing healing the Lord has brought into my life, I realize that my behaviours have changed. I sing louder. I am not afraid to face a new piece of flute music at Friday night worship team rehearsals. Not that long ago having to sight read a piece would have sent me on an anxiety merry-go-round.
  I find myself checking in with what's going on inside and end up wide-eyed in amazement at the transformations that have taken place. I feel different. Better. Free. I laugh a whole lot more.
  To be bold is to live without shame, without fear. Or better yet, bold is doing something even when I am afraid simply because I trust in the Lord who is with me in all things. He's always got my back.
  Being bold is leaping out of the boat. It's washing feet. It's turning the other cheek. It's letting go of living by the sword.
  It's living the paradox of humble boldness and, like a candle draws a moth, we are a light unto the world. All praise, honour and glory to our Lord, Jesus Christ.
  "Be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness." Eph 4:23-24
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...