Saturday 22 April 2017

I am a Believer, Romans 10:9 by Susan L.

  Yes. Yes. And yes! With a capitol "B"!
  What does that mean, though?
  It means sacrifice because of the One who sacrificed so much in order to reconcile us with God. Hmmm, that line has been used many times to shame fellow believers. This is not my intent. It's not religious sacrifice or even about living according to the "rules". It's not about giving stuff up because I have to. It's about understanding and embracing the calling with which I have been called.
  That calling is the sweetest love song ever. Even if I never changed, Love would be there.
  But believing is about being changed. Not over night. Not right away. That's where grace comes in. We don't ask our children to run before they can walk. God doesn't ask that of His children either.
  The greatest and most difficult sacrifice I have ever been called to make is a sacrificial offering of gratitude. It means praying thanksgiving for the bad things that have happened. I've prayed thanksgiving for the people who did the bad things. I've even been called to give thanks for the devil because without knowing evil, I cannot know good, better or best.
  This opened the door to being truly thankful for the experiences that provided opportunities learn about the love of God.
  Offering a sacrifice of gratitude opened doors for me to discover who God says I am because gratitude is like a pry bar. It give Love a gap to carefully lift the sealed lid of the tomb and uncover all the treasures it holds within.
  Any archaeologist worth their weight unpacks ancient treasures with meticulous care. Everything is photographed, documented, measured and labelled before it is ever moved and shared with the rest of the world. I've watched shows on TV where skeletal remains have been found. The archaeologists treat these human remains with tenderness and respect, honouring the story they tell.
  God is the Great Archaeologist. The difference lay with His Son who can and will make the dead rise and live. If we are willing.
  Why do I believe?
  Because I have learned to be vulnerable. Because for the first time in my life I have zero anxiety. Because my heart is filled with hope and excitement for the future. Because I am no longer afraid of goals. Because the cloud of grief and sorrow that hung over me for so long is gone. Because, even if there are trials in the future, in Christ, they will fall aside and victory will be ours.
  But most of all, I believe because I have no idea how I kept going so long without Him.
  "That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame." For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."" Rom 9:9-13
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...