Wednesday 8 March 2017

Break by Susan L.

  I might be taking a few days off from the blog. The artist in me is making herself known with a physical craving for the need to create. That means I need to spend some time in prayer, that I am craving the Lord's insight into everything that is going on.
  My hope is that it will help me disassemble some of the underlying causes of the anxiety. I now know "anxiety" is a massive cauldron of overwhelming and often conflicting emotions. By turning to the art, it will help me break it down into manageable pieces. It will also give me the chance to listen to my Lord and Maker for His take on things as they stand.
  Writing is challenging for the moment even though it is one of my great joys. What's the old saying? A picture paints a thousand words. Art, for me, helps when words fail or when the vocabulary isn't readily available to articulate what is actually going on. Especially when the powerful and primal fight/flight is going full tilt all the time.
  I found an incredibly powerful image in another colouring book. (Lord, bless those who create them!) It's a young girl entering a building through an old fashioned, exquisitely crafted, arched double door. Inside the building is a large, handless clock with its inner works exposed. The clock is surrounded by interlocking gears. The girl's dress is decorated with the same gear pattern. Talk about an appropriate visual metaphor! I couldn't have done it better!
  It's a starting point.
  Thank You, Lord for starting points. Thank You for Your grace, wisdom and insight. Thank You for understanding my need to figure things out. Thank You for providing the opportunities to do just that.
  The only note I made at church on Sunday was "I may not know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future." My apologies to the author for not writing down where that quote came from.
  "He who would love life and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips from speaking deceit. Let him turn away from evil and do good; let him seek peace and pursue it. For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil." 1 Pet 3:1-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...