Monday 6 February 2017

The Senses by Susan L.

  It has been a busy weekend. Saturday, I went to a one day conference, "Ministering in the Mess", hosted by my co-worker and another lady from the community. It was about how to minister to people living with a mental illness. I was pleased that they had an amazing turnout. It did me good to hear the messages again as well because I'd been struggling at work lately. My heart wasn't in the job.
  Church and playing on the worship team started yesterday off wonderfully. A quick escape then I picked up a friend to go to Oakville for an afternoon concert by the Oakville Symphony. I admit it took some speeding to get us there in time although my speeding barely kept up with traffic.
  After the concert was a mandatory, but brief, stop at my son's to see (and show off I might add) my new grand-daughter. She has grown a lot!
  We didn't stay very long because the roads had been sloppy and I didn't want to drive after dark in those conditions. The car must have gone through half a tank of windshield washer fluid!
  I was home in time for the Game. Superbowl LI. It broke records. It was the biggest come-back story in the entire history of football. Terrible blunders. Amazing catches. Mistakes and redemption. The first Superbowl to go in to overtime. It was a joy to watch. The crowd must have been deafening!
  Today is another day of running. Off to Newmarket to see my psychiatrist. There's a few errands to do before I go like getting gas and picking up windshield washer fluid.
  I volunteered my artistic skills to help do some fundraising for our church benevolent fund. More specifically, for a teenaged Syrian girl who came to Canada as a refugee. All her life she had extremely bad vision, to the point of being nearly blind. Special contact lenses have corrected the problem. She can see for the first time in her life.
  The optometrist waived his fees but the lenses need to be paid for.
  It seems appropriate that a painting will be part of giving someone sight. It will be put up for silent auction, hopefully in a public place, not just at church.
  I need a frame so a stop at a second hand store in Newmarket would be a good place to look or maybe Walmart. The subject hasn't been decided on but a northern Ontario themed landscape might be the direction I take. Lord, I trust Your leading on this. In Jesus' name, AMEN!
  "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him." 1 Cor 2:9
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...