Wednesday 18 January 2017

Diagnosis Confirmed by Susan L.

  I met my new family doctor yesterday. Going in to get the fact I had an ear infection confirmed led to him sending me for a whole battery of tests: blood work, mammogram, stool sample, and at some point a pap smear. It's only maintenance stuff to make sure there's nothing wrong with the works.
  He gave me a prescription for eye drops to use in my ears. The pharmacist called to confirm that this was right. He told her that they had anti-inflammatory properties as well as an antibiotic. He'd had good results using them for ear infections that are in the ear canal as opposed to the ear drum. This is my issue.
 Before hearing his response, I was a bit concerned. A new doctor messing up the very first prescription wasn't going to go over very well. Instead, it appears he knows what he is doing and isn't afraid to look at treatments outside the box. The pharmacist was a bit rattled about it all and wrote on their records in huge letters, "Confirmed". She called afterwards to ask that I remove any references to eye treatment from the bottle.
  It's a sad reflection of the increasing frequency of law suits that she was so concerned about any possible liability issues. That is a whole other blog.
  I will say trying to put four drops in my own ears is a bit difficult so I am having to guess at the amount. Not being unable to see what I am doing is hard enough. Trying to get the drops into that tiny hole is a bit like Luke Skywalker bombing the Death Star. Hmmm, he trusted the Force...Lord, help me get the right amount where it is supposed to go.
  "Eat whatever is sold in the meat market, asking no questions for conscience' sake; for "the earth is the Lord's, in all its fullness."" 1 Cor 10:25-26

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...