Thursday 12 January 2017

Decision by Susan L.

  A friend stopped in last night to fill in some time between appointments. I enjoyed cooking a light supper of fried spuds, scrambled eggs garnished with cheddar cheese and toast for both of us. My eggs were slathered in sautéed onions. Breakfast for dinner. One of my favorites.
  I've been wrestling with making a decision about returning to Singing Waters for further healing. I bounced a few ideas around: concerns, objections, reasons for not going, etc. In the end, I feel led to go back. It was nice to have a sounding board.
  Even as I am typing, the Lord reminded me about my reluctant obedience in joining the worship team. It was so far outside my comfort zone. I dreaded rehearsals. I dreaded Sunday's service even more. Sometimes the anxiety was so bad I could barely read the music.
  All of this is now a memory. It's now a joy to play and sing.
  Reluctant obedience is walking in faith. It's like Peter stepping out of the boat.
  My biggest struggle around the whole idea of returning to Singing Waters is allowing myself to be vulnerable and open. Not just with God, but by placing trust in the people who run the healing ministry.
  I think I can let this whole thing become a Peter moment. Me, of little faith, need only to stretch my hand out to Jesus and He will raise me up.
  Wow.
  Forgive me my fears, my Lord. In Jesus' name, Amen!
  "And they came to Him and awoke Him, saying, "Master, Master, we are perishing!" Then He arose and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water. And they ceased, and there was a calm." Lk 8:24
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...