Saturday 14 January 2017

Celebration! by Susan L.

  My newest grand-daughter was born on Wednesday. She's a healthy, beautiful bundle. Mom, dad and baby are doing well.
  My son was telling me that on Wednesday, even though no one knew mom was in labour, they had received an unusually high volume of texts and emails. Family (myself included) and friends let them know they were being thought about.
  It was a Holy Spirit moment.
  I am eager to go see them but have developed a cough. (Lord, don't let me go through a winter like the last one!) I think it's because of an ear infection so I plan on going to the doctor's on Monday. The last thing they need is a sick relative visiting!
  Something else to be thankful for in this county. Workers can take maternity leave or it can be divided between moms and dads. My son is able to stay home for the first couple of months to help out.
  We had a quick discussion yesterday because I wondered how he'd handled the birthing process. He'd seen many baby animals born on the farm and often helped out with bottle babies. I asked him if it was different since this time it was his wife and not a cow. He laughed and said no. He appreciated that farm experiences had prepared him for the messiness of bringing new life into the world.
  I am thankful the Lord keeps finding ways to redeem the awful years on the farm. I am thankful that He keeps pulling little jewels of experience out of the mud.
  "The earth is the Lord's, and all its fullness, the world and those who dwell therein." Ps 24:1
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...