Saturday 31 December 2016

New Years Eve by Susan L.

  A year end task is done. All the birthday info, anniversary dates, upcoming events like my daughter's wedding in August have been transferred to the new 2017 calendar. I also make note of unusual weather events like snow in late April and the year it happened. I have a thing about weather. Oh. A note wasn't made about Easter weekend's ice storm this past spring...done.
  This year's calendar, courtesy of the heating oil company, has some lovely pictures of Ontario. I recognize several of them like the one taken in Algonquin Park. I fell in love with the beauty of the Algonquin area when we went camping there a couple summers ago.
  It doesn't look like H and I will be going camping this year. Both of us have weddings out of province in late summer. Although I am thinking of going somewhere for a short trip. Even solo. It would be easy enough to simply put my air mattress in the car because the seats fold flat making a tent unnecessary. The dining tent can be put up and taken down by one person. It's ideal if it rains and keeps the mosquitoes at bay.
  I'd take my paints and do like I did with the solo Nova Scotia trip: stop when something inspired me. It's exciting just thinking about it. Even if I don't go away, it's something that could be done on a day drive about the countryside. It's just a matter of hopping in the car.
  It's something to think about anyways. Lord, I lift it to You.
  I don't know what the year will bring. Already there are a couple of significant and wonderful blessings like a new grandchild (unless he/she arrives before midnight but it doesn't look like it) and a new son-in-law. I hope and pray there are many more blessings. Not only for me but for my family, friends, and my readers as well.
  Here's wishing you all the best and a thousand fold blessings for 2017.
  "How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; When I awake, I am still with You." Ps 139:17-18
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Great to know about this New Year Eve. Well I am also planning a party for my sister on her 1st wedding anniversary and planning to book famous event space NYC from online as great discounts are available there.

    ReplyDelete

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...