Sunday 13 November 2016

Coming Together by Susan L.

  There was a baby shower yesterday for my son, his wife and Bump or Grub as he calls the bulge in her belly. Several friends and family members came together to celebrate their much anticipated first.
  Our co-host, a good friend of theirs, was the activity co-ordinator. She brought plain white jumpers, a couple of big white T-shirts and a baby blanket. Fabric paint was provided for the guests to decorate the baby's clothes as well as a shirt for each parent. The blanket was for everyone who came to sign.
  The resulting creations were pretty amazing. Most of them had met in the arts program at Sheridan College so the amount of talent around the table was impressive. Even those who hadn't attended the school produced some wonderful images as well. I thought it was an awesome idea! One that I will keep in mind for future celebrations.
  It was held at my mom's condo that is near where I used to live in the city. Every time I head down there, I am more thankful I don't live there any more. It's crazy busy. One traffic light took three exchanges before being able to clear an intersection. It was Friday rush hour. But last night, even though it wasn't rush hour, one traffic light took a double cycle for me to get through. Give me my country road over that any day!
  Thank You, Lord, that despite the terrible situation I once lived in, it was how You got me out of that incredibly stressful, busy, noisy environment.
  "The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light." Mat 6:22
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...