Saturday 1 October 2016

God's Provision by Susan L.

  The last couple of days has been crazy hectic. Because my boss was away and I was working alone, things happen. Around one thirty, the power went out at the centre. It was only us. No one else in the building had been affected. There aren't that many windows so it was rather dark inside despite being the middle of the day.
  God's hand 1: We usually get some sort of small gift to give out at the Annual Information Meeting. This year it was a pen light on a cord. I'd tossed a left over one into my purse, not really needing a flashlight but unable to resist a freebie! Am I ever glad because it meant being able to go into the creepy, cobweb filled, damp and musty, stone basement by myself. All that was missing was a horror movie soundtrack playing in the background. My imagination was playing all sorts of tricks as I looked down the steep, railing free, creaky steps into the inky blackness beyond the light.
  I wasn't able to figure out which breaker might have tripped. I tried the main one but it didn't work. (Turns out I hadn't been firm enough with it. But then, anything electrical is better left to the professionals.)
  The centre had to be closed early for health and safety reasons.
  God's hand 2: We have an old, corded phone that hooks into the fax line so I was able to call my boss's boss, and the property manager to let them know what was going on. They sent an electrician to check out the situation.
  God's hand 3: The main breaker that shuts power off from the street to the panel was the problem. It had corroded over time being in the creepy, cobweb filled, damp and musty, stone basement at the bottom of the creaky steps. I am so thankful the place hadn't burnt down!
  God's hand 4: By shutting down all unnecessary equipment, we were able to get the power to stay on so Art Therapy wasn't cancelled.
  God's hand 5: The electrician was back yesterday to replace the damaged switch. I had to be there at 7:30 AM to meet him. (A nice young man who even bought me a coffee while we were waiting for hydro to come and cut off the power from the street.) Once the switch was switched, we had to wait for the electrical inspector, then hydro to come back and turn us back on. We were only an hour late opening.
  God's hand 6: Which has nothing to do with work. I pulled a brown envelope out of my mailbox. The kind that only comes from the government. Rarely do they contain good news especially if they come at an unusual time. My stomach dropped. Reluctantly opening it, and once past the first few lines, I realized this was actually good news! They'd done some recalculations so I was entitled to a generous lump sum payment to cover the shortages of the past four years.
  I had to smile. Not only had God been on the trip down east with me, He'd paid His way, too!
  He really is the God of all things.
  "So He (Jesus) said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or parents or brothers or wife or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God, who shall not receive many times more in this present time, and in the age to come eternal life."" Lk 18:29-30
 
 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I love it when you can see clearly the Hand of God in your life. Enjoy your blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...