Tuesday 4 October 2016

Challenge Taken by Susan L.

  I've decided to take the InkTober challenge. It means doing one pen and ink drawing a day for the entire month of October. When I Googled the challenge to find out more about it, I discovered it came with a list of prompts which makes it a bit easier trying to think about what to draw. Or maybe it's more challenging. How do you draw "hungry"? Hmmm. I'll be musing about that one because it's today's prompt.
  I'm thinking too, it will be a good way to explore all that ink can do. The tools used can create effect. I particularly enjoy using a sharpened twig dipped in India ink. It creates a lovely organic feel ideal for drawing images from the natural world. A paintbrush also adds texture to lines. I wonder what using the soft end of a feather would do?
  There's dollar store gel pens which are my tool of choice. I have an art pen that has a flattened nib like a calligraphy pen. Calligraphy is also ink art. I've also got another pen and ink set with a variety of nibs that has yet to be explored.
  Then there's shading. Cross hatching, where lines of the same thickness are overlaid in different directions, builds the shadows that define an object. Bold graphic shadows can be effective as well. There's a stipple technique that uses dots placed far apart or close together to create shading although it is rather time consuming.
  Using ink like watercolours is effective as well. The more water added, the ink becomes a lighter gray.
  And this is only black and white! I've also got coloured inks which could add a whole new dimension to the prompted subject.
  My goodness! All these ways to connect with one art tool. It's got me thinking about all the ways I connect to God or to find Him in my life.
  He is in all things.
  That means He is in every single thing that is done, or said, or thought, or drawn, or made, or hoped for, or mourned, or celebrated, or breathed, or laughed about, or cried over...He's in the quiet moments as much as being present in the joyful noise of worship. And so much more!
  He's a great big God after all.
  "Rejoice in the Lord, you righteous, and give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name." Ps 97:12
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...