Monday 3 October 2016

Believing is Seeing by Susan L.

  In one of my posts about the trip, I'd mentioned how, by the end of the day, it felt like my brain was going to explode from visual overload. While waiting for the electrician to do his stuff at work, I picked up an old Guinness Book of World Records to pass the time. Having no hydro really limits what you can do but at least there was enough light coming in the windows to read by. The book contained a brief section about vision; that the human eye can see 10,000,000 colours under optimal conditions.
  Wow.
  No wonder I felt overloaded!
  I love it when the Lord validates my feelings and affirms the authenticity of them.
  My son and his wife were over on Saturday. He mentioned it's "Inktober", an artist's challenge to do one pen and ink drawing a day for the month of October. It doesn't have to be anything fancy or big. Small drawings are as acceptable as larger pieces. Phone call doodles, Zen tangles, stipple drawings, ink washes, studies...something...anything is good.
  I'd asked the Lord to help me get more art into my life. Taking on this challenge in a media I love working in...answered prayers. I am a couple of days behind so need to catch up. Which is okay seeing as I only heard about it on Saturday.
  I've a special sketchpad for it as well. It was given to me a couple Christmases ago. The paper has a stone coating. Ideal for receiving ink. I'd thought about taking it down east but it was rather heavy to be toting around in a back pack. It's what I will use for the challenge.
  Lord, help me find the time to do this challenge. Grant me ideas about what to draw. Help me not get too upset if I miss a day. In Jesus, name I pray. Amen!
  "He has redeemed my soul in peace from the battle that was against me." Ps 55:18
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...