Monday 5 September 2016

Two More Sleeps by Susan L.

  Pumpkin knows there's something up. He's been following me around during trips from a variety of points in the house to the guest room where I've laid out what needs to come with me. It seems like an awful lot of stuff. A big suitcase seemed the best bet with a duffle bag inside that will come on the four day bus trip with me. In reality, I'm packing for two trips so I wanted to pack for the bus trip ahead of time rather than arriving at my daughter's and needing to make those decisions there. That would chew up valuable visiting time!
  It's also the time of year when layering clothing is needed. It can be cool in the evenings and lovely during the day. I checked the forecast: it's supposed to be highs of mid twenties dropping to mid teens at night. There's only a chance of rain or thunderstorms on a few of the days. Perfect. But it means bringing everything from shorts and tank tops to hoodies and jeans.
  On a completely different note, I printed off a small map of the world and have highlighted all the countries who have popped in and visited my blog. Blogger has a map but it only keeps track of the top eight or so recent countries. This changes daily. There isn't any personal information, just the geography. I was wondering if my little map is a bit of an ego thing but have realized it's more an exercise of absolute amazement.
  The world is a tiny place now thanks to technology. Time and distance have no meaning. There are people who read today's post whose today is actually tomorrow for me. That's tough to wrap the head around for sure!
  I'd never been much of an enthusiast for travel, being content to stay at home. Travelling usually meant a whole whack of extra work so it put me off of the idea. It also has been an anxiety filled exercise later in life but then, I wasn't as well as I am now. (Thank You, Lord!)
  This trip to Nova Scotia has opened my eyes to the excitement of new adventures and the possibilities for someone travelling alone. As the highlighted marks adorn the map, it is filling me with a hunger to see the places where my readers live.
  Lord? The heart desires, the bank laughs. I give it all to You. In Jesus' name, Amen.
  I even went on a new trail in the park all by myself. Guess what? I didn't get lost!
  "Now may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness, while you are enriched in everything for all liberality, which causes thanksgiving through us to God." 2 Cor 9:10-11
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...