Tuesday 6 September 2016

Break Time by Susan L.

  This will be my last post for a bit. Tomorrow morning will be busy getting the last few items packed. I'm leaving technology behind for the duration. A good old fashioned pen and journal will serve in lieu of blogging. I have a paper map and the ocean to guide myself by. If the water is on the left, I am heading south. It's hard to get lost on what basically amounts to an island. If, and there won't be, car trouble happens, it's Nova Scotia. Someone will stop to rescue a damsel in distress.
  Not so long ago, this is how it was all the time. Even in Ontario.
  Now, when someone stops, it makes the news as a rare, feel good story. What happened to us?
  I am so excited to be putting brush to paper as well. Although, if I am pulled off the road to paint, hopefully potential knights in shining armor won't think it's because I'm experiencing car trouble!
  This excitement has given me an idea about the focus of future solo trips. To wander around and see the sights is okay but painting them really cements the memories of a view.
  Hopefully the tubes of watercolours in my suitcase will pass security. My little, basic, travel watercolour kit has been filled with liquid watercolours and left to dry because I prefer the control of using pucks. Depending on how much painting I do, it might need refilling which is why the wet set is even coming along. There's a few different colours in the set as well.
  Please, go through, I pray!!
  So that's it until September 19.
  Blessings to all.
  "Let no one seek his own, but each one the other's well being." 1 Cor 10:24
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time - full of treasured memories. Look forward to hearing about it on your return.

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...