Monday 15 August 2016

More Triple T's by Susan L.

  I ended up having a nice walk last night. It's been a couple of days because of heat and much needed rain. It also ended up that there was company waiting up the road. A woman from the trailer park behind my place was about to take her dogs for a walk. When she followed me into the park, it made sense to turn, introduce myself and suggest we walk together. I admit having someone four or five paces behind me made me a bit nervous even if she was tiny. The dogs were big.
  When I said my name, she asked if I was the one playing the beautiful music on the piano, that the owner of the park had told her who was playing. She went on to say she'd stood out of sight at the end of my driveway for a long time listening and enjoying what amounted to a private concert a few times.
  Wow. What a blessing: to bless others simply by being who I am and doing what I do.
  She is way more fit than me, having to walk the dogs twice a day. She kindly allowed me to set the pace. Walking and talking? There's still a way to go but, by having someone else with me, the time spent on the trails doubled. Some of them were new to me, having never walked them before.
  Hmmmm. New trails. Something to think about.
  Last Thursday, the executive director was at work. We ended up doing an employee evaluation even though I wasn't "on the clock". My boss here in Alliston asked if she could sit in during the interview. Her presence was welcomed. Afterwards she said it was simply because she knew how hard I could be on myself.
  One of the questions was about being familiar with local resources. Not that there's many here in town anyways. Those that are constantly shift their focus or role. I felt like I'd dropped the ball. Having my boss remind me that because of only working part time, there's no way to stay on top of it was incredibly freeing.
  I don't have to be good at everything! Besides, part of what I've done recently was put together a resource binder with all the various organizations' literature rather than having a chaotic display on the bulletin board.
  It's impossible to have all the answers.
  In the true Krasman philosophy of looking for and encouraging an individual's strengths, the rest of the interview flowed. Sometimes it's nice to see yourself through someone else's eyes. It ain't all bad after all. That's not to say there isn't room for improvement. There always is.
  I have no idea what the future will bring. New trails for sure. Letting go and letting in for sure.
  I'll need Your help, Lord, to be firm with boundaries yet let the boundaries be set in love and with love. Help me to speak up for what I believe, to clarify those beliefs, to stand tall and confident in and through my faith. Help keep that confidence from becoming conceit. I also need your help with grace and forgiveness, compassion and understanding.
  There is always room for improvement.
  Lord, give me wisdom that surpasses mere knowledge.
  Help me clearly discern the difference between the devil's condemnation and the Holy Spirit's conviction. Help me throw out the devil's handiwork in all aspects of my life. Help me trust even further the leading of the Holy Spirit. Help me act according to His will.
  Help me embrace the trails ahead without rancor or bitterness about the trails left behind.
  These things I pray in Jesus' name. Amen!!
  "Blessed is the man whose strength is in You, whose heart is set on pilgrimage." Ps 84:5
 
 

2 comments:

  1. There is a verse - Is. 61:3 - which in part speaks of giving a crown of beauty for (instead of) ashes. I heard someone say once that to embrace the beauty we need to let go of the ashes. We are also told to let the past go, remember it no more - Is. 43:18-19. Further we can cling to Is. 49:25 which says that God will contend with the one who contends with you. And he will always lead you and strengthen you - Is. 58:11. God bless you as you seek His face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are times I have been envious of the people who blocked traumatic memories, who had no recollection of the terrible things that happened to them. Then, I think of the shame, the bitterness, the hatred, the blame, the rage, the guilt, and the burden of responsibility that has been purged from these memories and forgotten. These life destroying emotions and responses make up the ashes created through God`s refining fire. I am thankful I remember without malice because it is a testimony to the incredible healing that has happened since Jesus became my Saviour.
      Thank you for the blessing. It means much to me.

      Delete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...