Sunday 17 July 2016

Take Off, to the Great White North! by Susan L.

  It won't really be white. The title is an old song by the iconic Canadian duo of Bob and Doug Mackenzie whose sole purpose is to poke fun at Canadian idiosyncrasies.
  I'm up early this morning out of sheer excitement. It feels like forever since my last holiday. The car is mostly loaded except for the cooler, the rest of the food and some last minute items. There are two duffle bag bundles, wrapped in plastic, tied to the roof rack. Inside is filled to the brim. There is a small cave in the back seat for one of my friends. Good thing she's a tiny person!
  The park is about three hours away but we're going to stop half way for a bite of lunch and a puppy pee break. Literally. We're bringing my other friend's dog, a Silky Terrier. Pebble's six pounds of ferocious weighs less than her own suitcase! I don't know how good she'll be if we should happen across a bear but I might be surprised. A little dog can have a lion's heart. (We've packed some bear spray just in case.)
  So far it looks like the weather is going to be wonderful. A chance of rain on Tuesday, a teeny weeny chance of rain on Thursday and Friday. Otherwise it'll be sunny and in the mid to high twenties. It'll cool down at night for sleeping. Perfect! It's nice for hiking, swimming, and sitting on the beach without worrying about cooking my brains.
  Time's a wastin'. I've a few things to do this morning for my own critter. Glad there's a friend coming to look after him. I don't think he'd take too kindly to the camping experience.
  I'll be back in a week.
  "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Jesus Christ for you." 1 Thes 5:16-18
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...