Monday 11 July 2016

Good Times! by Susan L.

  The party for my folks thirtieth anniversary was a resounding success. Many of the family came who I haven't seen in decades. It was nice to catch up, even if it was only for a few minutes as the social rounds were made.
  I stayed the night at my son's rather than driving back. By the end of the party, I was rather tired. This bug is still taking a toll.
  We went to church together at the Meeting House. They have been going there for a while and it's the same church my own is tracking with via podcasts. I saw Bruxy Cavey at the door (the lead teaching pastor). I had to smile at my skewed perceptions of the man because he's a lot smaller in real life. An eight foot projection makes his nearly six feet seem tiny!
  After brunch I took the back roads home, puttering through quaint villages and rolling farmland. Forests and waterways drew near the road and wandered off into the distance. Brilliant yellow canola was just starting to bloom. Wheat fields have a mantle of honey gold. But, the best sight of all was my own little harvest gold home.
  Later in the evening, a friend I haven't seen for a long time, stopped by for what can only be called a drive by hugging. She was on her way elsewhere and felt the need to see me but didn't have a lot of time. A quick hello, a hug, a short prayer and off she went. There needs to be more of that in this world.
  "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me (Jesus)." Jn 14:1
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...