Wednesday 13 July 2016

Built by Susan L.

  Fine carpentry it isn't but the collapsible shelf is done. A quick trip to the Re-store got the hinges with removable pins. A quick trip to the dollar store got collapsible boxes. A bit of measuring both car and boxes, a bit of sawing here, a bit of sawing there and it was done. It's not pretty but it works. Ikea would be proud of me! Whether or not there's room in the car for it remains to be seen.
  It was a great excuse to spend some time in the cool basement for a break from the heat anyways.
  Normally I pack a duvet that's been folded over and sewn into a mattress that sits on top of the air mattress. The ground has a way of pulling heat from the body. A hard lesson learned camping in the fall. Air isn't a great insulator. I decided not to bring it this time because it's been so warm that I figured laying on top of the sleeping bag would be sufficient. A blanket and a flannel sheet will probably be all that is needed.
  Swimming, campfires, walks in the woods, more swimming...I can hardly wait!
  Before we go away, I am heading to the doctor's today to get these ears of mine checked out. The antibiotic is nearly done but my throat and ears are still a bit sore. This has me concerned. I wouldn't want it to get worse when we're miles from any sort of civilization.
  My brain is in about a gazillion places. Pack a hammer. Don't forget this. Don't forget that.
  Relax, Sue, it will all come together!
  "Now acquaint yourself with Him, and be at peace; thereby good will come to you. Receive, please, instruction from His mouth, and lay up His words in your heart." Job 22:21-22
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...