Friday 15 July 2016

Almost There! by Susan L.

  I love being by the water. The only issue with lazing on most beaches is a lack of shade. A friend mentioned she used to have a huge golf umbrella she would zip tie to her chair. Then I remembered years ago we used to have a beach umbrella with a long handle and a pointed end so it could be driven into the sand.
  One final equipment purchase means we now have portable shade in the form of a brand new beach umbrella. It fits nicely into the bag with my folding chair so having it take up room in the car is a non-issue. Besides, it will mean we can stay longer to enjoy the cool waters of the lake. Note to self: put a couple of bungie cords in the bag in case we decide to sit on the rocks for a bit and need to tie it to something.
  A splash, a bit of sun, a bit of shade, doing some painting, reading a bit, and a bag of potato chips. What a life!
  I am so ready for this holiday!
  It will also give me some time to contemplate and pray over what came up in art therapy as I finished my painting of the big black box last night. The words Renaissance man, or rather woman, came to mind. What does that mean?
  I've a vague idea what the Renaissance was when it happened several centuries ago. It was the time when there was an explosion of knowledge in the arts and sciences. Lord? How does that apply to the here and now? Hmmm, lots to think about.
  "Then He said to them, 'Therefore every scribe instructed concerning the kingdom of heaven is like a householder who brings out of his treasure things new and old."' Mat 13:52
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...