Thursday 5 May 2016

Day(s) of Rest by Susan L.

  I've come down with a nasty cold. It's really taken the wind out of my sails. Yesterday was a full day at work: staff meeting followed by a picnic/barbeque in the park to give those of us from both centres a chance to socialize. It was nice to see everyone but all I wanted to do was crawl back into bed. Chills, fever, sea lion barking made the day rather miserable.
  It meant I missed Bible study last night and it might be prudent to cancel being on the worship team this week. God is good, though. This is a rare week where there aren't any flute parts. It's all vocals. Seeing as I can't talk without coughing, singing is out of the question.
  Meanwhile, plenty of liquids, rest, cough syrup and I'll hook up the warm mist machine again. Hopefully this will get rid of it ASAP. It is a virus so there's not much sense in going to the doctors unless it drags on too long.
  The deck will have to wait until I am feeling a bit better.
  Oh, well.
  It's a good day to start filling out the long form 2016 Census paperwork I found hanging on my door last night when I got home. It's the law so as much as paperwork isn't my thing, its 36 pages of questions have to be answered and sent in before May 10. At least I don't have to travel to the place of my birth!
  "And it came to pass in those days that a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be registered. This census first took place while Quirinius was governing Syria. So all went to be registered, everyone to his own city." Lk 2:1-3
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...