Friday 29 April 2016

Upload by Susan L.

  Apparently there is a downloadable program from Yamaha that will enable me to upload music recorded on my digital piano to a laptop. If it's possible to figure it out, maybe there will be a grand reveal of the piece I've been working on for the last couple of weeks. Maybe.
  It's a great feature. The built in recorder that is. It enables me to listen subjectively to the music being played without uploading it. It means a piece can keep being recorded until it's note perfect. Melody aside, it takes practice to hit all the right ones anyways.
  Isn't that generally true of life as well?
  Hearing helps with the writing. What sometimes sounds good when it's being played ends up being neither graceful or cohesive. By stepping back and outside of the physical connection playing the melody creates, and listening with a discerning ear, I can hear where things went wrong or could use some polishing.
  I do the same thing with all my creative ventures: take a moment to step back and simply study the work in progress. It's nice to recognize that my inner critic is now far more constructive than destructive. For a long time it was pretty harsh, echoing other criticisms (lies) I'd learned about these abilities. Praise God!
  Melody aside, listening to myself play helped me realize I tend to attack the keys. Soft 'n sweet needs some work as do gradual volume changes that add so much to music. It's a coordination thing, learning to control how hard or soft the keys are struck. It will improve with practice focused on developing that ability.
  Practice. Practice. Practice...and more practice. The way to mastering any skill.
  Still, playing as loud as possible is a great stress reliever. Let 'er loose and let 'er rip! Oh what joy!
  "Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; Let us should joyfully to Him with psalms." Ps 95:2
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...