Friday 8 April 2016

Step One by Susan L.

  Dreaming.
  Of a nicer deck at the front of the house. Re-doing the landscaping around it. Re-paving the driveway. Re-doing the bathroom. A new counter top and back splash in the kitchen. Building a mud/coat room at the side door. A garage for the car. Spring (it's snowing hard enough that the plow just roared past to clear and salt the road).
  But that's all just stuff. Except for the mud room and garage, it's a response to replace things that are worn out. Winter has worn out its welcome but that's a bit out of my control.
  What do really big dreams look like?
  Hold on...I'm having a bit of a screaming, heebie-jeebie moment seeing that question in black and white.

  "Dare to dream!"
  Okay.

  The very first thing I wrote after God unlocked my mind was:
"I am but a seeker.
With His hand holding mine,
I can do great things.
I will do great things.
Glory be to God!"
  I pray for those words to be fulfilled.
  Lord, thank You for all You have brought me through. Thank You that You deemed me worthy to be Your servant. Grant me the courage to walk in Your calling. Grant me an obedient spirit. Help me be wise and on guard for anything that would lead me astray. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen!
  "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened." Mat 7:7-8
 

1 comment:

  1. A question for you... what are your dreams for yourself? Not your home or garden or possessions or projects or hobbies, but your person? Your person as body/mind/will/spirit?

    ReplyDelete

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...