Saturday 9 April 2016

Start Small by Susan L.

  My friend H has caused me to do some deep thinking after her response to yesterday's post about daring to dream. This is a good thing but there's something scary about writing anything down. Especially when it comes to personal dreams. It means the need to be vulnerable. It means risking being shot down.
  I don't know where to start........who am I?
  The first thing that came into my mind was "a warrior" which is in keeping with a recent desire to own a shofar, the battle horn that was used to bring down the walls of Jericho. It needs to be sounded again to break down the walls of darkness. Can you imagine if everyone who had one blew it at the same time on the same day all around the world what effect that would have?
  Mustard seeds.
 
  It's taken over an hour to write those few lines.
  I think of the struggle that went on for months after joining the worship team: the panic attacks, the anxiety, the ensuing exhaustion that rolled in after practices and Sunday services. Through it all, there was the absolute confidence that this was where God wanted me. Nothing, no one, could shake that resolve.
  I have been given so much in return: deep wounds have been healed and many things restored. It has brought a joy into my life unlike anything I could have imagined. It would be nice to think that this small journey has blessed others and encouraged them, too.
  And Moses comes to mind. As a new Christian I remember standing in a dripping shower trying to stop the last trickle of water without touching the tap. I remember laughing that Moses could part the Red Sea but I couldn't even stop a drop. Wiser now, I know it wasn't Moses that did God's wonders.
  So there's the dream. The only one that matters. That I will hear God's calling and respond without a doubt. That I will be faithful to His commands and desires for my life because what He has in store  will be beyond anything I could imagine.
  It isn't a cop out.
  It is a desire that rises up from every fibre of my being.
  Prepare this humble warrior, this keeper of the keys, O Lord, to do Your work. In Jesus Name I pray.
  "Bless the Lord, all His works, in all places of His dominion." Ps 103:22
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...