Saturday 2 April 2016

It Isn't Always Complicated by Susan L.

  There's few things better than having to laugh at myself.
  After turning on the work laptop, it fired up. While it was doing its thinking, gear grinding warm up exercises, I went to get a coffee in the kitchen. When I came back to the office, the screen was black. The machine had no life. Mouse clicking, pressing random keys, pushing the power button did nothing. Unplugging the cord from the back then plugging it in again did nothing. That's about the extent of my skills when it comes to wayward computers.
  It wasn't a big deal because we have computers available for visitors so they served for what bit of work I needed to do. I emailed my boss to let her know.
  That was Wednesday.
  Yesterday, just as I was leaving, I noticed an unplugged plug underneath the desk. Oops! It was for the laptop. The machine must have had just enough battery life to disguise the fact it wasn't plugged in which is what fooled me. This is the same sort of genius that had me struggling to fire up the generator without turning it on!
  My goodness, it's been a week of lessons! Some are so deceptively obvious I blush to think they weren't thought about. Others have had a deep, profound impact on my understanding of life and faith. Those ones are still being processed as layer upon layer is being laid down before the Cross. Even the songs we rehearsed last night have been touched by this new, incredibly delightful, world view: there's a Bridegroom waiting for us!
  Also, this is a gentle reminder that life doesn't need to be so serious all the time. I don't need to be so serious all the time! They reminded me that it's okay to live in the lightness of being.
  "And as they went to tell His disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, "Rejoice!" Mat 28:9
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...