Saturday 30 April 2016

If You Build It...by Susan L.

  All the necessary wood for the deck rebuild was delivered yesterday. It's a beautiful day out there so I am itching to get stuck into it. An early start was postponed so the "grrrr" of power tools won't wake up the neighbours seeing as it's Saturday, a sleep-in day for most.
  Ha-ha, that's only half true. I am not so much of a early morning person anyways despite the fact that Pumpkin thinks I should be. That's my own "grrrr"!
  So. Plans for the day:
  Finish ripping out the old deck floor.
  See how tired I am.
  If that's as far as it gets today, that's okay.
  Not.
  I'd at least like to start putting the new floor on but we'll see (we: as in me, myself and I will come to a consensus). I've said before that fatigue and power tools are not a good combination.
  It's going to look great when it's done! It gives me tremendous satisfaction doing any sort of renovation project. Although, in reading my blog, there's a lot of projects that sort of fell by the wayside and are sitting half finished or are still on the back burner simmering away. Oh, well, it happens. The inside ones can be reserved for a rainy day.
  That's part of it too. It's been such a dismal spring that it's been hard to get motivated. I will say that a pile of new lumber is a great motivator!
  So that's it. The morning's wasting away!
  Thank You Lord, that everything will go safely. Thank You for blessing me with all the skills needed to do this project.
  "Come and hear, all you who fear God, and I will declare what He has done for my soul. I cried to Him with my mouth, and He was extolled with my tongue." Ps 66:16-17
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...