Saturday 19 March 2016

Views by Susan L.

  There's been some great conversations in my life lately. Everything from the classic "Remember When" to food to politics. There's been true Canadian weather complaining and whining about the inadequacies of our health care system. On the other hand, there's also been a whole lot of gratitude shared that we live where we do and that we have free health care.
  As the talk ebbed and flowed, discussions on poverty took over. The high cost of housing, be it a rental or purchase, means having enough left over to put food on the table is becoming more and more of an issue. Food costs are also at an all time high yet, at the same time, package sizes are growing smaller. A dollar doesn't go anywhere as far as it used to.
  Yet, as I look around my home, the signs of wealth are staggering. I've adequate food, shelter and medicine, a car in the driveway full of gas, a driveway, a pet...I thank You, Lord, from the bottom of my heart for all You have provided.
  It all has to do with perspective. From a decidedly middle class view, I am at the lower end. A wealthy person might see me as being downright poor.
  Hmm, perspectives. All of this is from a secular view defining wealth. In the end, it's spiritual wealth that matters.
  That's easy for me to say, I don't know want. I've never gone hungry. I've never had to wonder where I was going to sleep.
  Lord, bless those who have nothing. Grant them the basic necessities of life. Help those who have, myself included, help others as You see fit. In Jesus' name I pray.
  "Set me a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm; for love is as strong as death, jealousy as cruel as the grave; its flames are flames of fire, a most vehement flame." Song 8:6
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...