Friday 18 March 2016

Time's A-flying by Susan L.

 It was good food box day at the centre yesterday. I can't believe we are taking orders for April already! Along with the gravity induced sags in the ole body, time going by so fast is just another reminder of age.
  Now the nice weather is starting to appear I've been giving some thought to the concept of exercise. The bike in my shed that languished there all last year is going to my son because it is a type more suited to city pavement and sidewalks. The best cycling around here is off road so the idea of getting a new bike more appropriate for the terrain has been in the forefront of my mind.
  I always liked cycling and would often spend a couple of hours riding through town. I realize it would take a slow and steady approach to get unused muscles back in shape. There's some great trails across the way that would be a good place to start. Riding on the road means an uphill climb on all sides. They are big hills but with patience, they aren't insurmountable.
  Getting a helmet along with the bike might be wise, too. They are only legally enforced for children but, as much as I love the wind in my hair, protecting the gray matter is prudent.
  Part of success is imagining...the sound of wind rushing past, birdsong, rustling grasses, the click-click of the gears, the hum of tires...the gasp of trying to breathe...Ha-ha! That's a bit too real!
  "Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it." 1 Cor 9:24

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...