Wednesday 20 January 2016

Phone Service by Susan L.

  My land line went on the fritz so I called Bell this morning to have them come and investigate. It rings when someone calls but when I pick up, there's nothing but really loud static. I forgot to call yesterday but thankfully someone should be here before noon.
  The woman on the other end of the phone was helpful enough although she was rather hard to understand due to her heavy, European accent. I had to ask her a few times to repeat what she had said. Although part of my fuzzy thinking could be because I hadn't had my first cup of coffee.
  Then there's the sales pitch. "For only $6.95 per month, Bell will guarantee free repair service for any phone issue which is inside the house."
   Outside, it's their responsibility. Inside is mine. I politely declined because in all the years I've dealt with Bell, long before I even lived here, there has never been a problem inside.
  The phone infrastructure is aging like the rest of us. Yet, I wonder if it is also on the way to becoming obsolete as more and more people rely on cellular service.
  The times they are a-changing. That's a phrase I am sure every single generation has said since the wheel was invented!
  "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal." Mat 6:19-20
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...