Saturday 30 January 2016

More on the Quest by Susan L.

  History has a way of taking sides. Depending on your resources, it can favor one truth over another truth that ends up distorting the real truth of events long past. Make sense? Although without the ability to time travel, we have no alternative. Still, God is able to use all things to His will and desire to have us come to Him through Christ.
  My journey began, although only in hindsight do I realize this, long before I reached the point where taking a chance on accepting Jesus as my Lord meant I would live. Seeds were planted starting with Dan Brown's fiction, "The Davinci Code". It filled a disillusioned and lonely woman with a hunger to learn more. I read non-fiction books about the Rosslyn Chapel in Scotland which is filled with still unsolved mysteries. I read about the Knights Templar and their persecution and eventual dissolution. I read about secret pilgrimages although I couldn't give you the source now. It may have been in the book on the Knights Templar. There were many hints and clues and mysteries regarding the Holy Grail, or Christ's cup of the Last Supper. There was even a documentary on TV about the Chapel at that time which fit in nicely with everything I had learned and only served to confirm what I had read. These things filled me with a yearning and desperate hunger for something beyond my desolate life. What that was, I had no idea.
  That's when I met a wonderful Christian woman who was hired to begin training my two year old mare. She never preached but, like a moth to the flame, I was drawn to the Light she had within. You know the rest.
  I have never discussed that early reading until I posted the blog a couple of days ago. I've witnessed what bordered on a witch hunt when Dan Brown's books were discussed so I am reluctant to share what a crucial role they played in my coming to Jesus. Since that time, God has often used secular things to reach me, to touch my heart and now that the Holy Spirit is my Constant Companion, thanks to Christ's sacrifice, I have a Teacher who will lead me in the way of truth.
  Still, I've learned to check and double check any understanding He shares with me. There are forces out there willing to lead us astray. God always affirms His truths when we go to the source by watching, listening or reading His Word: the ultimate Book of Truth.
  "If you love Me, keep My commandments, and I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever--the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you." Jn 14:15-18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...