Friday 18 December 2015

Ninth Christmas by Susan L.

   Besides the tree and hanging a few bells from door knobs I've a small collection of snow men and nut crackers set out. Every Christmas I add a teddy bear to a row of teddy bears. They sit at the base of the railing surrounding steps down to the back door and basement. It's hard to believe there are nine all lined up.
  None of them are very big. This one is only about eight inches tall. The head, arms and legs are jointed. My aunt left me a legacy of jars of safety eyes and noses. I've used the bigger ones to attach heads and limbs on many bears over the years. Not just the Christmas ones..
   This year's bear was made from a pattern found on the internet. My favorite teddy bear book seems to have disappeared. The only adjustment needed was enlarging the pattern for the soles of her corduroy feet. Her ears are too small so if I make this pattern again, I'll enlarge them as well. I sort of messed up on the embroidered nose but the huge feet make me smile.
  I like to dress them for Christmas and was tempted to make a set of bunny slippers by enlarging the foot pattern but couldn't find any pink fleece in the house. I swore I had some somewhere! Instead, she gets a poncho to keep her warm.
  I also hang on to old, flat, beaten down pillows. After washing them, the filling goes a long way when it is pulled apart and fluffed up.
  I'm still trying to wrap my head around nine years! Wow.
  And the old lady says, "Where has the time gone?"
  "Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." Mat 18:4
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Your wee bear made me laugh. Glad you explained it. To be honest I thought it was a wombat. Looks something like it. It must be the nose...ha ha. I can't even imagine tackling something like this. And you have done 9!!! Wow! Love the feet. I just dusted my teddy that was given to me at birth. One of those old English type of teddys. Love him. He is old, won't tell you how old, but old!!! Just can't part with him. There is something about Teddy Bears!! Enjoy your new family member!

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...