Thursday 17 December 2015

Keeping It Real by Susan L.

  It's a lovely morning for December. The sun is shining. The temperatures are well above freezing. Everything is clean and fresh after yesterday's gentle rain. The lawn and pared back flower beds have a sparkle where the sun penetrates past the empty branches of sleeping giants. The twisted shadows of the ancient apple tree mark the grass with dark green zebra stripes.
  There's a huge flock of sea gulls riding the thermals above my house. With barely a wing flap, they circle and climb then lazily drift down to catch the next air elevator up. Their white feathers are glistening against a blue sky punctuated with a few, high and fluffy clouds.
  It has me wondering where they are heading with such a unity of purpose. It has me wondering how much fun it would be to be up there, soaring, at one with the wind.
  There's a raven in the distance uttering a deep croak that echoes through the valley.
  Everything feels right with the world on a morning like this. Even if Pumpkin is merrily knocking ornaments off the lower branches of my Christmas tree!
  "The heavens are Yours, the earth also is Yours; The world and all its fullness, You have founded them." Ps 89:11
 
 
  

2 comments:

  1. I smiled when I read your description of the seagulls. You made it sound so lovely. Yet, when I see gulls inland, not at the shore, I actually get concerned. They usually come around our place (inland) when a storm is approaching.

    The Pumpkin's ornament batting brought back a few memories of our cats. They were wonderful around the tree, except for one year. There was one ornament that they would bat at each time they passed. Just one. I often wondered why this specific ornament on this one year was 'the one'. How I miss my furry friends. Give Pumpkin and extra snuggle for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While it didn't storm, it wasn't long before the gray skies rolled in and the wind came up with a bitter edge to it. It's amazing how God's creatures can sense these things.
      As for Pumpkin cuddles, I am more than happy to give him a little extra! I am sure he is just as happy to get them!

      Delete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...