Friday 2 October 2015

Decisions, Aaaargh! by Susan L.

  I am trying to make a decision regarding the upcoming Art Therapy session at the centre. Should I sign up? Part of me wants to. Part of me is wrestling with adding another obligation to what is on my plate right now. Which is plenty I think. Especially with the worship team now having added rehearsals and Sunday participation to my routine.
  Or not. It's on a Saturday afternoon and runs for eight weeks leading up to Christmas. There have been some things going on in the background that would be wonderful to explore in a safe environment. At the same time, knowing how easily stress moves in when life is too busy...I'm not quite sure it would be a good idea. Still, it's been a while since I took part in a group and it's something I've missed.
  It is such a wonderful opportunity for healing, growth and letting go. It is only a couple of hours long. Yet the effects can linger especially if a rock gets overturned and something crawls out from underneath it. Mind you, I do have a bigger Rock to smush whatever might crawl out.
  This is getting me nowhere. The nays and yeahs seem to be tied.
  Lord, help me see clearly if this is something I should do. Guide me on Your path, Your choice for the future. I trust You will sustain me no matter where Your path takes me. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen.
  "Moreover He said to me: 'Son of man, receive into your heart all My words that I speak to you, and hear with your ears.'" Ez 3:10
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I pray that the Lord "opens and closes doors" to the things He knows you should or should not be involved with, or makes it clear in some other way. It certainly does seem like a lot of new opportunities have been coming your way lately, which is really exciting, but in addition to physical fatigue and mental stress that can come with being too busy, the enemy of our souls would love to get us so involved in activities that we have no time for God. (Spoken from first-hand experience!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the fact that you are questioning the "wisdom" in doing this you have your answer. We often do the good and miss the best. Perhaps it is something to explore in the bleak months of winter. Ah...the burden of having so many interests and talents. Lots to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...