Wednesday 2 September 2015

Federal Election by Susan L.

  Since when were elections won on a platform of slamming the competition? The federal Conservatives have done nothing but malign their Liberal opponent, Justin Trudeau on repetitious and numerous TV commercials. (Thanks for displaying your ability to waste money.) They are pushing the concept that because of his youth, he's "just not ready" to be prime minister. The ad's tag line is "nice hair, though".
  Seriously? What has hair got to do with ability? Or age for that matter.
  So, federal conservatives, what is your platform? What benefits are going to happen if I vote for you? What changes will you make for the benefit of all Canadians? There hasn't been a whisper since the campaigning started. Which happens to be one of the longest ones in history. Who's holding the fort?
  Are you running for election based on the surety that you are already in power?
  This great country is being spent into oblivion. Our national debt is staggering. We are facing a recession. The dollar is down. The poverty rate is growing as are taxes. The middle class is becoming extinct as the gap between the have's and the have not's grows wider all the time.
  Yet time after time, there are news items reporting millions of dollars being misspent or misappropriated under your watch. How about some due diligence?
  Thank You, Lord that I can freely rant about the government without fear of repercussion. Thank You, Lord that You will provide the leadership this country so desperately needs. Thank You, Lord that You will guide me in my vote when the time comes. Thank You, Lord, that You will guide the leadership in efforts to restore financial balance. Bless them with wisdom when it comes to spending our hard earned dollars.  But most of all, bless them with Your presence in their lives that they may come to know You. In Jesus' name, amen!
  "The elders who are among you I exhort, I who am a fellow elder and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that will be revealed: Shepherd the flock of God which is among you, serving as overseers, not by compulsion but willingly, not for dishonest gain but eagerly; nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." 1 Pet 5:1-3

3 comments:

  1. I hate politics. But I always participate and vote - in appreciation for the opportunity. This time, especially, I am having a hard time picking who to vote for. Smear campaigns are ugly and useless. And every single party is against the moral issues I feel most strongly about (pro life). So I have to base my decision on other issues, I suppose. The environment? The economy? But what do the various parties actually believe? And will they follow through with what they promise? I confess I don't have a lot of faith in any of them. My only thought so far, regarding economics, is whether the Liberals' platform of spending Canada out of economic problems is sound thinking (i.e. run the country into more debt by spending on infrastructure). If someone could enlighten me on whether that works, I'd be appreciative!

    I participate in an intercessory prayer group every week. Most weeks we pray for our leaders (at all levels). This prayer also goes up from our pulpit on a regular basis. Prayer is likely the most important thing we can do, even more so than voting. I personally believe that change wrought in the spiritual realm will bring change to the physical realm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you imagine the impact if every single Christian prayed for our leaders?

      Delete
  2. I am not political, in fact I hate all the mud-slinging around the process of elections. Thankful we have them, but so glad when they are over. (American politics too.)

    I cringe when the opponents "attack" each other. Just like I dislike it when you happen to tune into a parliamentary session and see grown men and women yell and interrupt each other as if there was a prize for over-talking someone. It's like watching a playground of misfits.

    I too think the ad for Trudeau's hair is a bit much, but I have to agree - age (experience) does play a part in running a country. It isn't an entry level job.

    Also, I am concerned about the support of Israel. At the moment, Canada supports Israel, the only democracy in the middle east. And we know God blesses those that bless Israel. I worry about the next step.

    I join you in being so thankful that we do live in a country that allows us to have and voice opinions. I also join others in prayer that Canada will remain "strong and free".

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...