Friday 21 August 2015

Gratitude Run Through by Susan L.

   Thankfully I am in a much better place today. I hate it when circumstances get the better of me and it's easy to forget just how much there is in this world to be thankful for. As I picked up my prescription renewal and paid for pills, waves of appreciation washed over me. The Lord has provided me with ones that do what they are supposed to and blessed me with the funds to pay for them by giving me the strength to work enough to get by. Never mind that He has provided a job where grace and understanding are a fundamental part of the organization.
  Ah, well, they can't all be good days otherwise how could we appreciate them when they come?
  It's helped that the heat wave has broken. We had several days of high thirties to low forties with nasty humidity that didn't help much with sleeping. The fan air zone was a battlefield between Pumpkin and me. I have no idea how he did it but I kept waking up hot and crammed against the wall while he lay in the middle of the mattress in direct line of the moving air! The rascal!
  So, things to be thankful for... Faith, friends and family are at the top of the list. That my son and his family are coming up next week for a short visit. Fans and that our hydro rarely goes off. The rain that perked up my flower beds. The flowers, the birds and insects that constantly amaze me. The fresh breeze blowing through the window. Pumpkin, despite the fact he is a bed hog.
  I thank You, Lord, as well, that things will unfold as You have planned. Thank You for the stamina to go the distance and for the willing heart you placed within me. Mostly I am thankful for Your presence in my life and helping me to remember I am not in this alone. Amen!
  "Blessed is the Lord God of Israel, for He has redeemed His people, and has raised up a horn of salvation for us." Lk 1:68
 
 

2 comments:

  1. And I am also grateful for living in such a beautiful country - Albertans say we live in God's Country and I am not going to argue that fact. I am also grateful for a democracy and just plain for life.

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...